Module III: Art & Science of Yoga Therapy
Explore and understand how to help your clients cultivate balance the subtle body.
- Understanding the teacher/client relationship: how to build a therapeutic relationship.
- The importance of communication skills and therapeutic language.
- Understand the evolution of Yoga Therapy field and it's current landscape.
- Review ethical principals, scope of practice and professional responsibilities of a Yoga Therapist.
- Learn about the business of Yoga Therapy in community and private practice settings.
- The importance of self care as a Yoga Therapist.
Module IV: Mentorship
Join an intimate group of like minded teachers and caring professionals to discuss and address many of the questions and challenges that face those bringing yoga therapy techniques to various health and wellness settings. Learn how to navigate challenging situations, find your authentic voice, gather inspiration for your teaching and further hone your skills. This program will also be an opportunity to share ideas, build networks, and gain valuable feedback. Those who have previously completed a therapeutic yoga training or currently offer yoga therapy in a clinical or yoga setting to promote wellness will be best suited for this program.
- Refine the application of your therapeutic yoga teaching skills through case studies and on-going supervision.
- Understand and implement intake and assessment/evaluation tools necessary to develop appropriate session strategies and practices.
- Develop specific therapeutic yoga treatment plans and sequences based on client individual needs.
- Recognize and manage the subtle dynamic inherent client/therapist relationship.
- Understand professional issues and requirements such as documentation, ethics, business practices and legal aspects of practice.
- Define your path as a yoga therapist.
- Deepen your commitment to your personal practice and see how your personal practice supports your clients.
South Boston Yoga, South Boston MA
Fri Mar 1st 6pm-9pm; Sat March 2nd 11am-7pm & Sun Mar 3rd 11am-7pm
Saturdays from 12.30pm-6.30pm on Mar 23, Apr 13, Apr 27 & May 4, 2019