- Learn the basic principles of trauma informed yoga therapy.
- Understand how trauma influences the physical, energetic, mental and emotional body.
- Review fundamental yoga as therapy perspectives and models for managing dysregulation and trauma in the body.
- Discover the interaction between the body, breath, mind, intellect, and emotions in health and well-being.
- Learn trauma informed evidence-based yoga practices including specific asana, pranayama, meditation and yoga nidra techniques.
- Learn modified practices such as chair yoga to accommodate diverse settings and support clients with a wide range of abilities.
- Understand the elements necessary to create a safe space for trauma survivors.
- Learn how to help your clients create a safe space for themselves within their practice.
- Take away specific trauma informed yoga techniques for the clinical, group or private setting.
- Learn components necessary for creating a therapeutic trauma informed yoga class.
Continuing Education Credits available for Social Workers and LMHC.
South Boston Yoga, South Boston MA
Fri Feb 2nd 6pm-9pm; Sat Feb 3rd 11-7pm & Sun Feb 4th 11am-7pm