Yoga for Emotional Health and Healing:
Understanding the Nervous System
Trauma and stress profoundly impacts nervous system. This program will explore the neuroscience of stress and trauma and how we can use yoga therapy to manage trauma symptoms and restore balance in the nervous system.
Who is this program is for
Yoga teachers eager to understand how yoga can be applied therapeutically to promote emotional health and well-being and clinicians/health professionals wanting to learn an how yoga can be integrate into their practice to support clients.
- Introduction to yoga therapy and the basic principles of yoga therapy for emotional health and healing.
- Discover the relationship between the breath, mind and body.
- Learn about the neuroscience of trauma.
- Review how yoga therapy can restore and support nervous system balance.
- Experience trauma informed mat based yoga practice.
- Practice trauma informed chair yoga.
- Explore different ways you can integrate yoga into your teaching or practice.
South Boston Yoga, South Boston, MA
June 2nd & 3rd, 2018 from 11am-6pm.