Who is this program is for:
- Yoga teachers eager to understand how yoga can be applied therapeutically to promote emotional health and to refine the unique skills needed to become a yoga therapist.
- Clinicians and health professionals wanting to learn an integrated approach to promote optimal emotional health and how to tailor therapeutic yoga practices for clients suffering with depression, anxiety and trauma.
Yoga for Emotional Health with Kate Graham
Module I: Yoga for Anxiety and Depression
September 10th & 11th from 8.30am-6pm
Module II: Yoga for Trauma
September 17th & 18th from 8.30am-6pm
Module III: The Unique Art of Teaching Therapeutic Yoga
October 8th & 9th from 8.30am-6pm
Therapeutic Yoga Mentorship Program
Sundays 10am-6pm on Nov 6th, 20th & Dec 11th.
Note: Students who are interested in attending Module 1 and/or Module 2 can register for these modules individually.
Module I: Yoga for Anxiety and Depression
- Introduction to yoga therapy.
- Learn the basic principles for yoga as therapy.
- Understand how anxiety and depression influences the physical, energetic, mental and emotional body.
- Review fundamental yoga as therapy perspectives and models for understanding and managing emotion.
- Discover the interaction between the body, breath, mind, and emotions in health and well-being.
- Learn evidence-based yoga practices to meet and manage anxiety and depression with asana, pranayama, meditation and yoga nidra.
- Understand what is necessary to establish a safe and therapeutic relationship with your clients.
- Take away specific evidence-based yoga techniques to manage mood in a clinical or private setting.
- Learn components necessary for creating a therapeutic yoga class.
Module II: Yoga for Trauma
- Learn the basic principles of trauma informed yoga therapy.
- Understand how trauma influences the physical, energetic, mental and emotional body.
- Review fundamental yoga as therapy perspectives and models for managing dysregulation and trauma in the body.
- Discover the interaction between the body, breath, mind, intellect, and emotions in health and well-being.
- Learn trauma informed evidence-based yoga practices including specific asana, pranayama, meditation and yoga nidra techniques.
- Learn modified practices such as chair yoga to accommodate diverse settings and support clients with a wide range of abilities.
- Understand the elements necessary to create a safe space for trauma survivors
- Learn how to help your clients create a safe space for themselves within their practice.
- Take away specific trauma informed yoga techniques for the clinical, group or private setting.
- Learn components necessary for creating a therapeutic trauma informed yoga class.
Module III: The Unique Art of Teaching Yoga for Emotional Health
- Understanding the teacher/client relationship: how to build a therapeutic relationship.
- The importance of communication skills and therapeutic language.
- Refine observational skills and learn how to assess postural patterning.
- How to adapt offerings to accommodate all styles of learning.
- Review ethical principals in a therapeutic yoga practice.
- The importance of self care as a Yoga Therapist.
- Refine the application of your therapeutic yoga teaching skills through case studies and on-going supervision.
- Understand and implement intake and assessment/evaluation tools necessary to develop appropriate session strategies and practices.
- Develop specific therapeutic yoga sequences based on client individual needs.
- Recognize and manage the subtle dynamic inherent client/therapist relationship.
- Understand professional issues and requirements such as documentation, ethics, business practices and legal aspects of practice.
- Define your path as a yoga therapist.
- Deepen your commitment to your personal practice and see how your personal practice supports your clients.
Each module is designed to provide students with an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the application of yoga as therapy in each area of study. Modules include lectures, yoga practice focused on the clinical application, practical application of the material through teaching, assignments and small group work, group discussions, readings and homework assignments. The Mentorship program will allow students to continue to develop and refine their personal practice and integrate their professional therapeutic yoga skills through case studies, session recordings, assignments and practical application of knowledge.
This is a 100 hour yoga as therapy program which includes 80 contact and 20 non-contact hours.
Course Material List
If you have registered for the training, please contact email@example.com for a copy of the course materials and pre-training assignments.
Students must be enrolled in or have completed a 200-hour yoga teacher training program or be a master’s level mental (or higher) clinician with a regular yoga practice for at least two years.
Continuing Education Credits
Yoga Alliance, Social Work and Mental Health Continuing Education available for this program.
Program Cost - $1,695 with deposit $500 to secure place in the course and remaining balance due before the first day of the program.
Payment plans available upon request.
Space is limited! Register Now
Upon registration, please complete the program application form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Nourish Your Goodness
Women's Fall Retreat
September 23rd - 25th, 2016
Join Kate and Wendy Cook in beautiful Vermont for a weekend of deeply nourishing practice. We'll tend to ourselves as people who are givers - giving our time and energy in service to our families, our work life, our communities and in the world. Through gentle and invigorating asana, meditation, quiet reflection, and time outside in the crisp air of the Autumnal Equinox we'll hold space for reaffirming our compassionate intentions. We will spend our days hiking, relaxing and enjoying delicious farm to table meals.
Cost: $375 includes accommodation, yoga and all meals.
email@example.com to reserve your spot.
1st Annual Yoga Therapy Retreat
with Soulful Yoga Therapy
8am-5pm on July 16th, 2016
Rolling Ridge Retreat Center
660 Great Pond Road
North Andover, MA 01845
Soulful Yoga Therapy training graduates are invited to attend the first annual Yoga Therapy Retreat to:
- connect with follow teachers and therapists
- discuss successes and challenges of the work
- reignite your passion for sharing Yoga Therapy
- find out the latest in Yoga Therapy education, research, practice, and policy.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
300-Hour Teacher Training Program
YogaWorks Back Bay, MA
Jul 16, 2016 - Jan 15, 2017
You can guide students through an intelligent, effective yoga class and now it's time to advance your career. Through a dedicated apprenticeship and by participating in professional workshops, our immersive 6-month program will help you hone your unique teaching style and voice.
• Six-month apprenticeship with a mentor which includes: assisting class once a week, taking class once a week & attending bi-monthly meetings with your mentor group (location varies)
• Professional workshop series designed to broaden your knowledge and advance your teaching: 9 weekends at YogaWorks Back Bay
Register Online at YogaWorks.com/teachertraining